INFRASTRUKTUR & UMWELT supports local, regional and national government institutions worldwide in developing adapted waste management strategies and introducing integrated waste management systems to protect our global goods, climate
and health. We work closely with the involved institutions, relevant stakeholders and the affected civil society. In this way, we support the development of suitable underlying conditions for the technical and institutional realization
of circular economy and waste management concepts under fair financial and social conditions.
By improving waste management and promoting the circular economy, we take responsibility for our planet and support sustainable protection of our environment and natural resources. With the help of adapted, integrated waste management systems, we close material cycles and protect water, soil, climate and human health. However, we can only implement good infrastructural solutions successfully if we create the necessary underlying conditions on the ground – legally, institutionally, financially and also in terms of social policy.
- Waste analyses and forecasts
- Waste collection, logistics and long-distance transport
- Site selection and evaluation
- Concept development
- Cooperation with the private sector and the informal sector
- Statute and fee setting
- Monitoring and management systems
- Compensation measures and livelihood restoration
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Environmental, climate and social impact assessments
- Local, regional and national plans and strategies
- Conceptual planning
- Landfill closure and renovation
- Management of specific waste streams (marine litter, health waste, etc.)
- Development of training and education programs
- Problem and needs analysis
- Study tours and site visits
- Strategy, planning and implementation
- Integrated work
- Communication and awareness raising
- Workshops and conference moderation
National Investment Plan for Waste Management in Albania (2018-2032),
on the basis of which investments in the nationwide modernization of waste management are controlled, with the aim of alignment with EU standards.
Measures to reduce marine pollution in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam
by introducing adapted, sustainable systems for waste prevention, collection, sorting and recycling.
Integrated waste management in the Korca region, Albania,
from concept development via establishing the operational organization for the new regional waste management company to supporting routine operations.
Modern integrated waste management in Rustenburg in South Africa
by improving the efficiency of municipal waste services and preparing the construction and operation of a modern waste treatment plant.
Establishment of a regional waste management system in the region of Berat, Albania
to improve the condition of the current waste disposal routes and long-term implementation of infrastructure measures as well as EU-compliant waste management.
phone: +49 (0) 61 51 / 81 30-0
phone: +49 (0) 3 31 / 5 05 81-0
Rruga „Brigada VIII “
Pallati 6 / 2, Kati IV
Tirana 1000, Albania